Why is dryer vent cleaning so important?
Annual dryer vent cleaning will reduce the amount of time it takes to dry a load of laundry. A dryer with a blocked vent can take 3 to 4 times as long to dry costing upwards of $3.00 per load compared to $.75. If your dryer is unable to let the hot air escape properly it will produce an unsafe amount of heat which becomes a fire hazard.
How often should I clean my dryer vents?
This varies from home to home. Generally dryer vents should be inspected and cleaned every 1-3 years. The main factors for cleaning frequency depends on the following; the age and type of dryer, the length, direction and number of bends the exhaust system has leading to exterior of building, and the amount of laundry dried in a given year.
Are dirty dryer vents a fire hazard?
A dirty blocked dryer vent will certainly cause a dryer to run hot and can become a fire hazard.
How long does it take to clean a dryer vent?
A standard vent cleaning takes approximately one hour.
What should I do prior to the technicians arrival?
Please remove all items in, on and around your washer and dryer.
Why should we hire Allied Dryer Vent Cleaning?
We have the skill and equipment to get the job done right. We stand behind our work and promise to treat our customers with honesty and integrity.
Warning signs of dryer lint blockage
You could have just one of these symptoms or many depending
on the amount of blockage and the type of dryer you have.
- Does your dryer take over 50 min. to dry a load
- Is your dryer hot to the touch on top
- Humidity inside the dryer door
- Dryer lint collecting on the inside of the dryer door
- Is there ever a slight burning smell when drying
- Water in the transition tube connecting the dryer
- A moldy or musty smell on your clothing
- Is lint gathering on the backside of your lint screen
- Excessive lint on black clothing
- Is your dryers lint screen not gathering any lint on it